Monday, February 1, 2010

Back to Riding


I can't imagine anyone wants to hear about anything other than bikes, bikes BIKES! So here's more on bikes.

Any one of you reading this blog know that last July, Clayton and I rode some of the Western Slope in Colorado, namely Crested Butte but also some in Gunnison and the high ridgeline of Monarch Crest.

We shot video at MCrest and I pieced together a condensed version of ONLY 8 minutes. Since the ride is 30 some miles long and descends from 11+ thousand feet down to Salida at 7700, it's hard to cut out the boring stuff cuz none of it was boring. We lucked out with a perfect day, 'cept for the hailstorm on Rainbow Trail as we neared the end.

The speed and terrain were quick and rumbly once we were off of the first main ridgeline. I can see why people doing the Continental Divide consider this section among the finest.

So HERE is the video.

In other news... my new riding bud Pete put this edited VIDEO together of Ft Rock when we rode. Dig the nice musical edits...

Does anyone like this stuff? Does it make you nauseous, hate me like a drunken boasting idiot, or am I able to simply convey some enthusiasm and, at least for a moment, share some of the good bike vibe? Well?

5 comments:

  1. Thats awesome riding out in that part of CO, still wish I never left. So as my plans bounce around, I might be headed to Michaux yet. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long drive but well worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is true. It just got put back on my schedule. Nothing like sampling some of the best of PA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might glom onto the ride... will let you know if I'm a go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. Nothing like being able to stretch the legs without paying $150 for a norba license. if its easier, u can email me. its (myname) @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete