Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hip?

Sunday, I hammered the same ride as last week's hill blasting despite lingering hip discomfort... from walking. When I did Tucks x 2 on last week's Saturday/Wednesday combo, it pushed me into some kind of hip revolt. I'm referring to "hip" as the thing at the end of your femur that connects leg to torso, not the MTB "hip" associated with being a)under 35, b)wearing ladies clothing at races, c) singlespeeding and d) blogging a marguerita full of sarcasm and asuteness.
I'm not hip, but I have two and one decided to say "WTF? Al". Tight piriformis? Inflammed joint? hehe. Or just plain tired out? I opted for tired out and so went for another hill killing ride Tuesday evening- 40 miles in 2.25 hrs after agreeing to a 1.5 hr worksession- riding in after dark and wondering how my hip would deal.
Somehow, doing more to something that seems to want to chill yields a stronger, more vibrant you. And that's what seems to be working for me this week. The hip is fine and the legs are OK so everything is a go for the first real '10 MTB race, a race that looks like it'll be a battle of attrition in Farmington. Hey, did ya notice Cat1/pro goes off at 2:15pm? That's damn late for a race but we'll have to suck it up in order to enjoy the mud covered glory of finishing somewhere in the pack. Hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment